Styling is an important part of your family and maternity photoshoots, but it certainly isn’t the most important aspect. Capturing your family’s connection is my first priority, but cohesive styling can certainly bring extra magic to your images!
The styling experience may vary depending on what package you book, but I will do my very best to break down my complete package process for you.
During the process of preparing for the shoot, I send out a questionnaire to every client, where I ask if they would like assistance with styling, and 99% of my clients select “yes.” Once I notice that a client wants help with styling, I chat with them in more depth about wardrobe during their phone consultation.
Getting to know you
The most important part when it comes to styling my clients is getting to know my clients first! If I don’t know you or your family’s style, I cannot possibly style you well. The last thing I want to do is suggest outfits that don’t flow with your family’s style or personality! Plus, I never want my client to feel uncomfortable during their session because they don’t feel like themselves. So, the bottom line is that I need to get to know my client and their styling preferences before we start taking action.
Details I typically find out once we chat
This part varies depending on my client. After our phone consultation, I get to find out how involved my clients want me to be with the styling process. Some clients want minimal styling assistance, and that’s totally okay! Other clients prefer the entire styling shabang and want me to be involved in every step of the process. So, let’s discuss further about styling if you want the full experience.
My styling assistance may look something like this:
- We chat on the phone and talk about you (your work, hobbies, family lifestyle, etc.).
- I will send you a link to Style & Select (further details below).
- I will send you my personal styling guide with TONS of useful information.
- I create a personalized style collage and email it to you!
- You will have access to my client closet with roughly 25+ dresses and some accessories, including hats, shoes, purses, etc.
- I check in with every client and see how their styling progress is going as their session gets closer (almost all clients thank me for this because last-minute ideas/issues usually pop up)!
- If you want honest, constructive feedback during or after shopping for your photoshoot outfits, I am here to chat by text, phone, or email!
- A few days before your session, I ask if you would like to take a picture of your attire for any last minute feedback and to make sure everything is ready to go!
As you can see, I am here for you and all of your styling needs! I do want to chat about Style & Select with you too.
Style & Select
Style & Select is an online styling platform that provides personalized outfits that are available for purchase. I send clients the link to the site to have full access to their services. Once clients fill out the Style & Select questionnaire, they then receive tons of personalized outfits based on their personal style and preferences that they can purchase—but this is certainly not required! Many of my clients email me their questionnaire results and ask for my feedback, which I am more than happy to do for you too. Style & Select is a fabulous tool to make your styling process easier, whether you have a vision in mind for how your family will dress or not.
Let’s tie it together
When I style my clients, I’m as involved as they want me to be! I am always around for questions and feedback, and I will never ever be pushy when it comes to making choices regarding their photos. I will always guide my clients gently to perfecting their styling for their dream photoshoot, especially when asked. After all, this is about my clients and not about me.
Happy styling, friends!