Styling is an important part of your family and maternity photoshoots, but it certainly isn’t the most important aspect. Capturing your family’s connection is my first priority, but cohesive styling can certainly bring extra magic to your images! The styling experience may vary depending on what package you book, but I will do my very best to break down my complete package process for you.
The questionnaireDuring the process of preparing for the shoot, I send out a questionnaire to every client, where I ask if they would like assistance with styling, and 99% of my clients select “yes.” Once I notice that a client wants help with styling, I chat with them in more depth about wardrobe during their phone consultation.
Getting to know youThe most important part when it comes to styling my clients is getting to know my clients first! If I don’t know you or your family’s style, I cannot possibly style you well. The last thing I want to do is suggest outfits that don’t flow with your family’s style or personality! Plus, I never want my client to feel uncomfortable during their session because they don’t feel like themselves. So, the bottom line is that I need to get to know my client and their styling preferences before we start taking action.
Details I typically find out once we chatThis part varies depending on my client. After our phone consultation, I get to find out how involved my clients want me to be with the styling process. Some clients want minimal styling assistance, and that’s totally okay! Other clients prefer the entire styling shabang and want me to be involved in every step of the process. So, let’s discuss further about styling if you want the full experience.
My styling assistance may look something like this:
- We chat on the phone and talk about you (your work, hobbies, family lifestyle, etc.).
- I will send you a link to Style & Select (further details below).
- I will send you my personal styling guide with TONS of useful information.
- I create a personalized style collage and email it to you!
- You will have access to my client closet with roughly 25+ dresses and some accessories, including hats, shoes, purses, etc.
- I check in with every client and see how their styling progress is going as their session gets closer (almost all clients thank me for this because last-minute ideas/issues usually pop up)!
- If you want honest, constructive feedback during or after shopping for your photoshoot outfits, I am here to chat by text, phone, or email!
- A few days before your session, I ask if you would like to take a picture of your attire for any last minute feedback and to make sure everything is ready to go!